Hire highly qualified personnel with a non-repayable grant of 50% of the position’s salary.
If you are an Alberta start up or small company needing to hire highly-qualified business or technical personnel, you may qualify for a non-repayable grant equivalent to 50% of the position salary for the first year of employment, up to $50,000.
A qualifying Project Leader is:
- A for-profit company
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta
- Minimum of one and no more than 50 full-time employees
- Annual sales revenue ordinarily not exceeding $5 million
- Primary business of the company must be the development and commercialization of geomatics technology
Duration of projects
- Funding for a hire will have the duration of 12 months; however, this intended position must be hired with the intention of serving a long-term business need (ie. an indefinite term).
- TECTERRA will invest up to 50% of the first year’s salary
- TECTERRA matching contribution: $50,000 maximum.
Key priorities for this program include:
- The hire must be ‘net-new’; meaning that the position identified must be additional to the current and recent activity of the company, and is not a replacement for a recently (within 3 months) departed employee, contractor or consultant.
- The hire must serve a long-term business need beyond the period funded by TECTERRA
- The hire must be associated with, and add significant value to the ongoing development and commercialization.
- The hire must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- The salary must align with recognized industry standards