The TECTERRA Geospace has two rapid prototyping options available for small and medium sized geomatics enterprises. Rapid prototyping, or 3D printing, technology is used to fabricate a physical object using a 3D CAD model.
Fortus 400mc Thermoplastic Rapid Prototyping
The Fortus 400mc is a rapid prototyping machine for creating real, usable parts at a fraction of the cost of traditional prototyping:
- Build chamber: 16”x14”x16”
- Four possible build materials: ABSM30, ABS-ESD7, Poly Carbonate, and Ultem 9085
- Layer thickness from 0.005 inch up to 0.013 inch – depending on material
- Build accuracy of +/- 0.005 inch
HP Jet Fusion 580 3D Printer
With the ability to produce engineering-grade thermoplastic parts, these machines are designed for projects that require larger individual parts, or heavier production demands. In addition, the printer has the capacity to achieve fine detail and high dimensional accuracy for small features.
The technical specifications are highlighted below:
- HP Multi Jet Fusion (MJF) technology
- Minimum layer thickness: 0.08 mm (0.003 inches)
- Build bed size: up to 332 x 190 x 248 mm (13.1 x 7.5 x 9.8 inches)
- Printhead resolution: 1200 DPI
- Building speed: 2,340 cm3 /hr (142 in3 /hr)