Get your product to market sooner and de-risk your launch using our 50/50 funding model.
If you are an Alberta start up, small or medium sized company with a recently developed innovative geospatial technology, you may qualify for a 0% interest funding boost to accelerate your commercialization. This loan is only repayable after the project successfully generates revenue.
TECTERRA’s non-dilutive investment is equivalent to 50% of the total launch cost. Funding support ranges from $25,000 to $100,000 per project (based on a 50/50 match).
A qualifying Project Leader is:
- A for-profit company
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta
- Minimum of one and no more than 500 full-time employees
- Annual sales revenue ordinarily not exceeding $50 million
- A commercially viable geospatial technology
- Projects should be 3 to 12 months in duration, which includes: product finalization, product launch, and first revenue generation
- TECTERRA will contribute up to 50% of eligible total project costs
Funding Amounts and Total Budget
- TECTERRA Matching Contribution: $25,000 to $100,000 per project
- Total project budgets: $50,000 to $200,000
Projects must include:
- Geospatial technology must be an important component in the value chain for the tool, product, or system, and preference will be given to projects with innovative geospatial applications.
- Late stage or recently developed innovative geospatial technologies that are ready for a commercial launch, or existing and proven technologies that are looking to enter new markets.
- A project that demonstrates a plan to earn a profitable return on the utilization of the new development in a clearly identified market.