Apply to the LEAP Program today, to receive funding for the development and commercialization of new and transformational geospatial technologies.
TECTERRA defines a transformational technology as one that significantly changes a market or industry landscape. It is a technology that disregards current trends; in effect, leaping beyond iterative advancements and altering the trajectory of that industry or market.
If you are an Alberta small or medium sized company working on geospatial technology products, you may qualify for a non-dilutive, 0% interest loan, repayable only after your product generates revenue.
The LEAP Program provides funding for projects with budgets greater than $1,000,000 with TECTERRA providing funding of up to 50% of your development and commercialization costs, to a maximum of $1,000,000 per project.
To be considered for funding
A company must be:
- A for-profit company
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta
- Minimum of one and no more than 500 full-time employees
- Sales revenue should ordinarily be more than $1 million and cannot exceed $50 million annually
Projects must include:
- The development of innovative products that include geospatial technology in the value chain
- The proposed technology must have the potential to transform an industry or market by significantly advancing the technological landscape.
- Include a comprehensive technology commercialization plan
- Have a well-defined target market or customer
- Provide regular full-time employment for at least one net new Highly Qualified Personnel to work in Alberta on the development and/or commercialization of the project
Duration of projects
- Projects should last between 18 to 24 months including product development completion and start of commercialization
- TECTERRA will invest up to 50% of eligible total project costs
- TECTERRA matching contribution: $500,000 to $1,000,000 per project
Key technology and market priorities for this program include but are not limited to:
- Resource Management
- Clean Technologies
- Smart Cities
- Unmanned Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Applications for the BUILD Program are accepted on an on-going basis. To be considered for the next round of funding, closing in September 2018, Expressions of Interest must be submitted no later than Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
For more information or have any questions, please contact Richard Gorecki: firstname.lastname@example.org