Apply to the LAUNCH Program today, and get your innovative geospatial products to market sooner, with a 0% interest loan, repayable only after your product generates revenue.
If you are an Alberta start up, small or medium sized company with a recently developed innovative geospatial technology product, the LAUNCH Program can provides 50% of your market launch costs, to a maximum of $100,000.
To be considered for funding
A company must be:
- A for-profit company
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta
- Minimum of one and no more than 500 full-time employees
- Annual sales revenue ordinarily not exceeding $50 million
- A commercially viable geospatial technology
Projects must include:
- Geospatial technology must be an important component in the value chain for the tool, product, or system, and preference will be given to projects with innovative geospatial applications.
- Late stage or recently developed innovative geospatial technologies that are ready for a commercial launch, or existing and proven technologies that are looking to enter new markets.
- A project that demonstrates a plan to earn a profitable return on the utilization of the new development in a clearly identified market.
- A comprehensive technology commercialization plan with a well-defined target market or customer
Duration of projects
- Market launch projects must be no more than 12 months in duration
- TECTERRA will contribute up to 50% of eligible total project costs
Funding Amounts and Total Budget
- TECTERRA Matching Contribution: $25,000 to $100,000 per project
Key technology and market priorities for this program include but are not limited to:
- Resource Management
- Clean Technologies
- Smart Cities
- Unmanned Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Applications for the LAUNCH Program are accepted on an on-going basis. To be considered for the next round of funding, closing in March 2018, Expressions of Interest must be submitted no later than January 10, 2018.
For more information or have any questions, please contact Richard Gorecki: email@example.com