Apply to the BUILD Program today, to receive funding for the development and commercialization of new and innovative geospatial technologies.
If you are an Alberta start up, small or medium sized company working on innovative geospatial technology products, you may qualify for a non-dilutive, 0% interest loan, repayable only after your product generates revenue.
The BUILD Program provides funding for projects with budgets greater than $300,000 with TECTERRA providing funding of up to 50% of your development and commercialization costs, to a maximum of $500,000 per project.
To be considered for funding
A company must be:
- A for-profit company
- Incorporated and operating in Alberta
- Minimum of one and no more than 500 full-time employees
- Annual sales revenue ordinarily not exceeding $50 million
Projects must include:
- The development of innovative products that include geospatial technology in the value chain
- Include a comprehensive technology commercialization plan
- Have a well-defined target market or customer
- Provide regular full-time employment for at least one net new Highly Qualified Personnel to work in Alberta on the development and/or commercialization of the project
Duration of projects
- Projects should last between 12 to 24 months including product development completion and start of commercialization
- TECTERRA will invest up to 50% of eligible total project costs
- TECTERRA matching contribution: $150,000 to $500,000 per project
Key technology and market priorities for this program include but are not limited to:
- Resource Management
- Clean Technologies
- Smart Cities
- Unmanned Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Applications for the BUILD Program are accepted on an on-going basis. To be considered for the next round of funding, closing in March 2018, Expressions of Interest must be submitted no later than January 10, 2018.
For more information or have any questions, please contact Richard Gorecki: email@example.com