TECTERRA Training: GPR Fundamentals
Dates : July 25, 2018 - July 26, 2018
Time: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Address: 108, 8826 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary, AB
Cost: FREE ($450 Value)
TECTERRA is excited to partner with Sensors & Software, the pioneers of Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) innovation, to host a hands-on training session for students and industry professionals in TECTERRA’s GeoSpace for beginners and seasoned veterans.
Have you ever worked with a GPR system? Or, are you interested in learning how they support real-world applications? Maybe you’ve been trained before, but need a refresher? This complimentary two-day training session can help brush up your skills and teach you more about the applications for GPR systems and the latest in technology and innovation.
This course will teach students about GPR and its numerous applications. A major component of this course is field experience where users will learn to setup the equipment and demonstrate proper surveying techniques. GPR equipment used will include pulseEKKO, Noggin & Conquest systems.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. GPR Theory – EM waves, dielectric constant, velocity and using the correct antenna frequency
2. Factors affecting GPR Performance – soil properties, target properties, environmental factors
3. Applications of GPR – from geophysics to archaeology to forensics to utility locating and everything in between!
4. Data collection – using Line Scan and Grid Scan, integrating GPS
5. Hands-on time with the equipment – collecting data, surveying principles, setting up grids
6. Data Interpretation – GPR signals and reflections, air waves, ringing
7. Case studies – example of GPR being used to solve problems, and the associated data
8. Software outputs – processing data in the software and creating outputs / reports
Upon completion, students will be confident in knowing when and how to apply GPR, set up the equipment, collect data and interpret the results.
***TECTERRA reserves the right to approve attendees based on their alignment with TECTERRA’s overall mandate of geospatial technology development and commercialization. While we will do our best to accommodate all requests, being placed on the waitlist does not guarantee attendance. We will notify all applicants of application status at least 20 days prior to the event.***