TECTERRA Training: 3D Scanning with the Faro Focus
Dates : December 12, 2017 - December 14, 2017
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Address: 108, 8826 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2J 3J1
Cost: FREE ($500 Value)
Please join us for TECTERRA’s latest training session on the newest Faro X330 Lidar system and Scene processing software. Presented by Sherif Ibrahim from Cansel, the course will run from 9am – 5pm December 12th to 14th at TECTERRA’s office.
The course is designed to demonstrate how to get the most out of the Faro 3D laser scanner from data processing to creating final deliverables. In this course, you will learn about data collection, planning a project, scanning the data followed by examples of ways to provide different deliverables to the end client. The course will prepare users to efficiently scan and process the site to achieve expected accuracies and prepare the collected data for smoother downstream workflow.
Students will learn how to:
– Evaluate and plan a scanning project
– Configure the scanner for optimal scan parameters
– Utilize different techniques of registration
– Prepare data for processing
– Register the scan data in an integrated point cloud
– Quality control techniques
– Colorization and improvement of colour mapping to point cloud
– Different application-based workflows
Total Hours: 24 hrs
This course is valuable to anyone looking to leverage the strengths of 3D laser scanning technology into a cohesive surveying system. Whether you are learning to use your Faro Focus 3D and Scene system for the first time, or learning to use what you have more efficiently, you will find this class well worth your time.